Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Delightful Delectables- Easy-Does-It Berry Sauce, The Foolproof Fruity Topping

by Maggie Kelleher

If you saw our most recent blog post, "Let Them Eat Coffee Cake- My Grandma's Is Perfect For Tea Time & Beyond," then you know that my sister hosted a formal tea-party for some of her friends last weekend, and we had a photo shoot and some delicious cake!

I promised the recipes to the sauces I made to complement an amazing My Grandma's Ted Williams Chocolate Cake, so here is... drumroll please...

The Easy-Does-It Berry Sauce Recipe!



It was so simple and such a hit, that I can't imagine not using it on every food I eat, from cake to spaghetti! Okay, maybe I won't be putting Berry Sauce on my spaghetti, but it is seriously that good and easy to make.

What will you need?
     About 1 cup of berries
     1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
     1/4 cup water

Also:
     A stove and small saucepan
     A blender or food processor

I used fresh berries, but I'm sure that frozen would be absolutely fine and taste just as delicious! 


What do you need to do?

     Put all of your ingredients in the saucepan over medium-low heat 
     Bring it to a light simmer
     Cook it that way for about 5-10 minutes to soften the berries
     Blend it
     Pour it on every food you can think of and eat! 


I have a plastic blender, so I let the sauce cool before blending it, because who needs a melted blender? But be adventurous and do whatever you think is best!

This sauce was absolutely perfect as a colorful and tasty addition to the coffee cakes we devoured, from Chocolate to Blueberry, and would be perfect on ice-cream, in yogurt, or with anything you can think of. 


I even used it to jazz up a slice of Fourth of July-themed blueberry cake (more to come on that later)!


And then they dove in! One of my sister's friends even admitted to eating a bit of the sauce on its own, it was that good!



Now go out there and get cooking! Let us know how you would serve this delicious sauce, don't be shy! 

You can contact and follow us on FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+, and LinkedIn for more coffee cake fun, serving suggestions, and happy musings. 

And come back soon for the recipe for Easy-Does-It Berry Sauce's competitor, Smooth-Sailing Peanut Butter Sauce

Want a cake to douse in Easy-Does-It Berry Sauce and serve on the Fourth of July?

Enter our contest to win a FREE 8" Coffee Cake in a My Grandma's Fourth of July tin! 

Just sign in below and enter your flavor of choice and Facebook name or Twitter handle. Then head over to Facebook or Twitter and like/share or re-tweet any of our posts between Friday June 20th and Wednesday, June 25th. It's that easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment