Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Delicious Delectables- Airy Cinnamon Pumpkin Butter

by Maggie Kelleher

Lately, chocolate has been on my mind. I've been wearing lots of Fall colors and wool layers and thinking about sitting in front of the fireplace back home with a cup of hot cocoa. Now since cocoa tastes nowhere near as good when not paired with a roaring fire, I've been thinking of ways to get my Fall chocolate fix elsewhere. And have I found it!


Look at this cake. Delicious, fudge-y chocolate coffee cake with chocolate morsels and fresh walnuts. YUMMMMMM!!!!!! This is My Grandma's Ted Williams Chocolate Coffee Cake (check out it's name's explanation here).




I received a large Ted Williams Chocolate Coffee Cake last week and have been spending all week making it as Autumnal as possible.


How? Let's see... first, I made home-made Whipped Cinnamon Pumpkin Butter, followed by Maple Marshmallow Frosting and then my own recipe for Pumpkin Spice Marshmallow drizzle. Because why not?

Today I am going to share with you how I made the pumpkin butter, that delicious jar sitting in my fridge waiting to be spread on everything I eat.


 

I've been playing with lots of fall flavored butters recently (farm-bought pumpkin and apple, to be exact) but I found this recipe on The Kitchen McCabe and I couldn't help but try it out.


Okay, so here we go, home-made pumpkin butter to make my chocolate comfort cake so much more Autumnal...


Sooooooo good! Doesn't it just make your mouth water?


Want more updates on the goings-on at My Grandma's? From friends to recipes to motivational thoughts, My Grandma's would love to share our musings with you through FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+LinkedInBloglovin, and/or our newest addition, Instagram! Check it out and follow us in any of the links below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment