Monday, July 20, 2015

Delightful Delectables - White Chocolate Lemon Glaze

By: Amy Weinberg

Whether it’s on a donut, a cookie, or a cake, everyone loves a nice glaze because you get the sweetness of an icing without it being too heavy and overpowering. The best of both worlds! I decide to pair a delicious White Chocolate Lemon Glaze with My Grandma’s very own Golden Raspberry Coffee Cake. This recipe could not be easier and could not taste better. This was my first time ever making a glaze so if I can do it, anyone can! I got the idea from the glaze in this recipe and took it to the next level with some lemon.  

What you’ll need: 1 tablespoon butter, 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar, 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons milk, 1/2 ounce white chocolate morsels

The first step is to melt the tablespoon of butter with the half-ounce of white chocolate morsels. For me, the easiest way to do this was just to microwave everything on medium heat for a few minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Every microwave is different so you’ll just have to keep an eye on it to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn!



The next step is to add the coconut milk and the sugar. The original recipe called for regular whole milk, but who doesn’t love coconut milk? You can go ahead and pour the coconut milk right in, but you’ll need to gradually mix in the confectioner’s sugar until you get that glazey texture you want. I ended up using a little bit less than the full cup. 



Once it has the perfect texture, it's time to add the lemon. Every time I added some lemon it got a little watery so I would have to balance out with a little more confectioner’s sugar. This part is all about taste. I went back and forth with more lemon and more confectioner’s sugar and even some more white chocolate before I found the perfect balance for my taste buds. And let me tell you, they were HAPPY. I’m a complete sugar-fiend so I sat there and ate it by the spoonful before finally drizzling it on the cake (don't worry, I used a different spoon). This glaze pairs perfectly with not only a spoon, but also our Golden Raspberry coffee cake. The tart lemon perfectly balances out this match made in sugar heaven.




Just don’t forget to “drop” a crumb or two for your sous chef!


No comments:

Post a Comment