Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Delightful Delectables- The Coffee-ist Cake Ever

by Maggie Kelleher

Today I decided to take a pretty literal take on My Grandma's coffee cakes, creating the coffee-ist coffee cake you ever did see. How? Well how about a Cappuccino Coffee Cake with coffee glaze? Yes, you heard that right! 


This coffee glaze was just the easiest recipe I can remember, and I wanted to share it with you! 


Seriously, all you need is some strong coffee and some powdered sugar. 
I used about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tbsp of strong coffee. 
 

I made the coffee myself, some Nantucket Blend, pressed through my AeroPress, which is one of the simplest and coolest coffee makers I've ever seen. And you know I love simplicity in the kitchen!



To make the glaze I just put 2 TBSP of strong coffee (the equivalent of an espresso) in a small spouted bowl with the 1/2 cup powdered sugar. 

Just whisk the two together, and voila! 


Just pour on the glaze right before you serve the cake and get the biggest wake-me-up caffeine kick from this sweet breakfast!

Add a cup of coffee and your breakfast becomes a tongue-twister! 
"This morning I had a cup of coffee with cappuccino coffee cake and coffee glaze!"


And start your Summer in style with a gift for Dad that he will love (and can eat!) Find a cake (and celebratory tin) for Father's Day on our website or enter our Giveaway below to win one for free! 



Want more updates on the goings-on at My Grandma's? From friends to recipes to motivational thoughts, My Grandma's would love to share our musings with you through FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+LinkedInBloglovin, and/or our newest addition, Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment