Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Delightful Delectables- Homemade Whipped Cream

by Maggie Kelleher

I am so excited about the holidays! I just got home from school for Winter Break and the sight of both a Christmas tree and menorah is just so cheery!


Anyways, this recipe is great for just about any holiday or really any day of the week. It's simple, homemade whipped cream, and it goes wonderfully on coffee cake or really anything you want it to!



All it takes is some heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract (or the extract of your choice, coconut sounds delicious to me right now), and a mixer. I like to use a hand mixer for maximum control.


 Just put the heavy whipping cream in a bowl and whip it with the mixer until soft peaks form where you pull away the mixer tongs. Then add a splash (there are no exact amounts here, just add however much you want to taste) of powdered sugar and and a few drops of your extract and continue mixing to combine. And there you have it! For a more melty, soft body whip it less, and just whip more and wait for stiffer peaks if you want thick, sturdy whipped cream.


It's completely to your liking and delicious! I'm sure any flavors that could also be added would be delicious! I would love to hear about any of your experiences with flavoring your whipped cream if you try it!
Happy Holidays!
~Maggie and the whole My Grandma's Family! 

 Want more updates on the goings-on at My Grandma's? From friends to recipes to motivational thoughts, My Grandma's would love to share our musings with you through FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+LinkedInBloglovin, and/or our newest addition, Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment