Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Delightful Delectables- Mapled Apple Topping

by Maggie Kelleher

What do you think of when you hear "Winter in New England?" Something like this?


In my infinite quest for good food, I think more of this...


Maple Syrup, the natural deliciousness of New England. And what better way to celebrate early January than with some Mapled Apples and coffee cake? 


So up in Vermont last week I decided to commemorate the season and make some delicious treats out of some New England staples (apples and maple syrup). 

Here is how to make Mapled Apples: You can use any fruit, but in my book nothing is more fitting for a New England winter than apples.



Recipe:

2 cups of fresh cut apple slices
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup (I used Vermont in honor of my location at the time)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Cover the bottom of the dish with the apple slices, spread pretty evenly. Pour maple syrup on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the apples are soft, but firm.

Serve with whatever you wish. I am sure it would be delicious on top of that stack of pancakes, but we tried it with some of My Grandma's Pumpkin Coffee Cake and it was wonderful! The perfect après-ski dessert to share in front of the fireplace. 


How will you enjoy your Mapled Apples? We would love to hear your thoughts on social media or in the comments! 



And as a special treat we are including a giveaway! Win a coffee cake to put under your apples today! DEADLINE EXTENDED: Don't wait, it closes on Friday, January 23rd at midnight! 

 Want more updates on the goings-on at My Grandma's? From friends to recipes to motivational thoughts, My Grandma's would love to share our musings with you through FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+LinkedInBloglovin, and/or our newest addition, Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment