Have Pinterest and mall soundtracks gotten you into the Holiday mood yet? Well if not this just might.
I found a recipe the other day that just looked too gorgeous to ignore. These Sweet Winter Cranberries are not only sugary sweet, but are also sweet in that they are completely adorable and perfect for the winter season.
That frosty goodness!
They make a perfect cake topper, a little gift in a jar, or table dressing scattered around your family table.
Well my goodness am I ready to share this recipe with you wonderful readers!
You will need:
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
2 cups cranberries
- Rinse cranberries and set aside.
- In medium saucepan heat 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar until it is dissolved and warm. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature. (Too much heat will cause the cranberries to pop).
- Once sugar syrup is cool pour it over cranberries (place something over cranberries to hold them down in the syrup if they are floating).
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain out cranberries (you may reserve and can the syrup for other recipes if wanted).
- Pat cranberries dry with paper towel. Make sure they're tacky, not wet.
- In batches of a few cranberries at a time, roll them in a small bowl of sugar to coat.
- Place on baking sheet or surface that you don't mind getting sugar-y.
- Let sit for several hours to allow the sugar coating to harden.
- Store at room temp. This is serious, otherwise all the sugar will fall off and you will be sad like I was at my first attempt :(
Enjoy the sweet dessert by the dozen in a jar or sprinkle them on your table, cake, or really anything to add a unique winter flavor. I'm thinking of trying it on my cereal next!
Want more updates on the goings-on at My Grandma's? From friends to recipes to motivational thoughts, My Grandma's would love to share our musings with you through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, Bloglovin, and/or our newest addition, Instagram! Check it out and follow us in any of the links below!